Fix for There Is No Connected Camera FaceTime Error In Mac OS X El Capitan
Time required for fix: < 2 minutes
If the camera on your Mac, Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, or iMac stopped working, this guide is for you. The fix doesn’t even require restarting your computer, but you will need to know the Administrator password on your PC. Ready? 3-2-1-Go.
How to restart the FaceTime Camera in Mac OS X
- Quit all applications that are using the camera (for example Photo Booth, Skype, Google Hangouts webpage, etc).
- Open Terminal from Applications > Utilities > Terminal. (How to find the terminal app in OS X.)
- At the command line, write the following command:
sudo killall VDCAssistant
- Hit Enter on your keyboard. If prompted for a password, enter the Administrator password and hit Enter again.
- If successful, your screen should look something like the picture on the right.
- Open an app that uses the camera, for example Photo Booth. Now everything should be working again!
Did this solve the problem for you?