How To Create A Timed Screenshot On Mac OS X
Time required for solution: < 2 minutes
Sometimes you can’t just take a regular screenshot since you want to capture a fleeting moment. Perhaps it’s an annoying popup or something you have to use your cursor for. This is where a timed screenshot comes in handy, it lets you capture what’s on your screen after you set a timer. Follow this guide to see how you can do it. No downloads required!
Capture a Timed Screenshot
- Open Finder (file explorer). You’ll find it at the very left in your dock, in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Navigate to Applications and scroll down to find the folder Utilities. Click to open. *
- Now open the application Grab. This is what will enable you to capture a timed screenshot in Apple OS.
- To capture a timed screenshot, make sure Grab is open (click on it in your dock), then open the Capture menu (A) and select Timed Capture (B).
- A window appears which lets you start the countdown. Click Start Timer (C)!
- After 10 seconds your screen will be captured. 1 second before you’ll here a tone to let you know it’s go time.
All done! Your screenshot can be saved by going to File and then Save. Happy screen capturing!
* If you can’t find Applications, press ⌘ Command + Space simultaneously and then type “Grab”, then skip to step 4.
Were you able to capture a timed screenshot?