How To Disable Notifications In Chrome
Time required for fix: < 2 minutes
Follow this guide to disable notifications in Chrome. Think about this, you just got a new computer and you get the tip to install Chrome – the obvious choice for a Windows or Mac computer. After having browsed for a while you start seeing annoying dialogs from different websites asking if you want to enable notifications for their website. Of course you don’t want this.
Follow this guide to learn how to disable these dialogs and disable notifications in Chrome for good.
- Press the button on the top right corner of the screen (A).
- Select Settings at the bottom of the list (B).
- Click Advanced at the bottom of the page.
- Now find the options Do not allow any site to show notifications or Ask before sending (recommended) and disable Chrome notifications permanently!
In a hurry? Then try the second solution on how to disable notification requests in Chrome.
Alternative Way To Disable Notifications In Chrome
- Put the address
chrome://settingsin Chrome’s address bar/search field.
- Next, expand the Advanced section at the bottom of the page.
- Under Privacy and security, select Content Settings … and then Notifications.
- Disable notifications in Chrome by selecting Do not allow any site to show notifications or Ask before sending (recommended), depending on what version of Chrome you have.
Did this solve the problem for you?