Change Owner Google Docs
So, lets say you’ve done your part in a article about politics and you want your useless mates in your group to do some work too. This gives you the idea of giving your classmates the document and have them do the rest. While you try to do this you realize that you’re not a tech support worker so you really don’t know how to do it, so you turn to your trusty pal Google on how to it. And with that you ended up here. Lets get started on changing the owner on a Google document (doc) for short.
Some things to know before getting started
- Only Google users with the right (as in education, work or consumer grade)subscription can be the owner of a Google document. Consider this before changing ownership of a Google document.
- After changing ownership to another user you can’t edit the document without getting special permissions for doing so.
- You can no longer share the document to other people as you like.
- When you change the ownership status for a folder the files in the folder are still owned by the real owners of that file.
Changing Ownership of a Google document
- Got to your search field and type in https://drive.google.com/ or just simply click the link
- Find your document/folder that you want to change ownership of and click it once to select it.
- Click the share button on the top right of the screen.
- Type the email of the person you want to transfer ownership to and press Share
- Now that person has access to the file, now do the same thing again, only this time you press Advanced
- Now, next to the person that you just invited name, click the drop down menu and change his or hers status to Is owner
Now you’re done. The ownership is changed to your useless friends. Now you can get them to do the work they are supposed to, while you can feel good about yourself for writing the heading!